Featured Post

SpoilerFix is coming back!

Hello everyone, In the coming weeks, I'll be revamping and reviving SpoilerFix.com. My health is much better and my schedule allows me...

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Pilot Review "New Amsterdam" (FOX)

Premise: This drama series tells the story of a brilliant and enigmatic New York homicide detective, John Amsterdam, who has a profound secret: He is immortal, and will not age until he meets his one true love.

Starring: Alexie Gilmore as Sara Dillane, Nikolaj Coster Waldau as John Amsterdam, Stephen Henderson as Omar, Zuleikha Robinson as Eva Marquez.

Review: Even if I saw only the first 15 minutes of the first of 7 episodes, I must say I'm intrigued. If you are a fan of Moonlight or Journeyman, this series should interest you.

The lead character is as enigmatic as Mick St. John and Dan Vasser are. The supporting characters, especially Amsterdam's new partner, sound interesting and promising.

The case of the week seems to ressemble those featured in Moonlight (sans vampires) and episodes will feature flashbacks of Amsterdam's life (and he has been around for a loooong while!). The "must find true love to become mortal again" storyline will help bring a human touch to this drama while offering a continuous story that will link together all episodes.

The 15 minutes I've watched were enough to have me want to come back for more before making an official decision about the show.

New Amsterdam will premiere on Friday, February 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX (yes, Moonlight's timeslot!).

1 comment:

  1. FOX has now moved the series to March with the first two episodes airing after American idol, on the 4th and 6th of the month, before it settles into it's regular slot on Mondays at 9PM ET beginning March 10th.

    I thought the pilot was extremely solid, well written and clever - enough so that I even developed a fansite for it at http://newamsterdam-forever.com

    ReplyDelete